Monday 19 October 2009

Audience Research.

Before I go any further I need to do plan who my target audience is and what they like.

I think the main audience that would be interested in watching the music video are obviously going to be people who like rock and hip hop music. Producing a music video is risky as it needs to reflect the music and musicians correctly and also needs to appeal to the correct audience. Like any other medium, music video’s follow conventions which allow the audience to identify what the genre is. For example in a dance music video you wouldn’t expect to see someone shredding a guitar, with long black hair and baggy trousers as it doesn’t suit the music and they would look out of place as this isn’t following the traditional convention for a dance music video. Though if a video was made to go against the traditional conventions of that genre it could be either loved or hated. Therefore it is easier and more certain to be a success if a video is made which follows the conventions of the particular genre.
To attain some secondary research to help me with initial ideas I have posted a questionnaire on my blog, emailed friends, and printed out the questions, covering a range of topics. After collecting the results of at least 20 people, this will help me to select a target audience and to get to know the audience, what their feelings are toward Folk/Rock music and give me a general idea of the types of things their into. I will begin looking at my results when at least 20 people have participated.

No comments:

Post a Comment